We work with the voluntary and community sector to ensure those who are affected by Freeview interference from 4G signals receive support and advice from people they know and trust. This includes the provision of a chaperone to accompany a visit from an at800-accredited engineer, if required.
You are eligible for this additional support if you:
- are 75 years of age or over;
- are registered blind or partially sighted;
- receive any of the following benefits: personal independence payments (PIPs); attendance allowance; constant attendance allowance or War Pensioner’s Mobility Support.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, we are able to provide assistance via email – contact us at email@example.com. To understand if the TV interference is related to 4G at 800 MHz, we will ask a series of short non-technical questions. In your email to us, please include your address details and advise of us of your preferred way to discuss the issue.
Click here to see our useful guide on the subject.
Click here to listen to an audio version of this guide.
How can we improve this post?
- I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
- How will I know if my TV is affected?
- What should I do if I think my TV is being affected?
- What will happen next?
- How do I arrange for an at800 engineer to visit?
- Can I fit the filter myself?
- If my TV is affected, how quickly will you resolve the issue for me?
- Is it true that millions of homes might be impacted?
- I live in London, will I be affected?
- How will at800 let me know if my Freeview may be affected?
- My neighbour has received a postcard and I have not. Why?
- Will 4G affect TV received through satellite or cable?
- Will TVs in caravans, campers and narrowboats be affected?
- What are filters and how are they fitted?
- How can I get a filter?
- What if I have a set-top box?
- What if I have an indoor TV aerial; can I still attach a filter?
- What if I have more than one TV running Freeview?
- What if the filter doesn’t resolve the interference?
- Can I get more filters if needed?
- I am moving house, do I need to take my filter to my new home?