We work with the voluntary and community sector to ensure those who are affected by Freeview interference from 4G signals receive support and advice from people they know and trust. This includes the provision of a chaperone to accompany a visit from an at800-accredited engineer, if required.
You are eligible for this additional support if you:
- are 75 years of age or over;
- are registered blind or partially sighted;
- receive any of the following benefits: personal independence payments (PIPs); attendance allowance; constant attendance allowance or War Pensioner’s Mobility Support.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, we are able to provide assistance via email – contact us at email@example.com. To understand if the TV interference is related to 4G at 800 MHz, we will ask a series of short non-technical questions. In your email to us, please include your address details and advise of us of your preferred way to discuss the issue.
Click here to see our useful guide on the subject.
Click here to listen to an audio version of this guide.
How can we improve this post?
- What is 4G? Why is it being introduced?
- Why might 4G affect my TV?
- How will I know if my TV is affected?
- I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
- Will 4G affect TV received through satellite or cable?
- Will TVs in caravans, campers and narrowboats be affected?
- Will I see interference on devices such as 4G handsets, radio, tablets and computers?
- Where can I find more information on which areas have 4G coverage?
- Is it true that millions of homes might be impacted?
- I live in London, will I be affected?
- How will at800 let me know if my Freeview may be affected?
- My neighbour has received a postcard and I have not. Why?
- What are filters and how are they fitted?
- Can I fit the filter myself?
- How can I get a filter?
- What if I have a set-top box?
- What if I have an indoor TV aerial; can I still attach a filter?
- What if I have more than one TV running Freeview?
- What if the filter doesn’t resolve the interference?
- Can I get more filters if needed?
- I am moving house, do I need to take my filter to my new home?