Important: Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to help and support
In accordance with advice from Public Health England (PHE), and in the interest of preventing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are currently prioritising our engineer visits. We ask that you contact us to find out if we are able to visit you and, if we can, be assured our visits will be conducted following the advice given by PHE on social distancing.
We are not able to offer engineer visits to those who have been given advice or have taken the decision to self-isolate due to a new, persistent cough and/or have a high temperature. If we are unable to visit you because you or anyone in your household have been asked or have chosen to self-isolate, we can call you back once the isolation period is completed.
If we are unable to visit you, we will do our best to help you over the telephone. Please note our contact centre opening times have changed and may differ from those shown on a postcard you may have received from us. We are able to take your call 09.00-17.00, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Outside of these times you can still call us on 0808 13 13 800 and leave a message or contact us via our contact us page and we will aim to call you back within 48 hours.
In the meantime, and if we’ve not already done so, we may send you a filter for you to fit yourself. The filter, which blocks 4G signals, is plugged into the lead between the TV and the aerial. Fitting instructions are included in the pack and we can provide help via phone if you need help fitting it. We also have a video which shows how to fit the filter.
27 October 2020
How can we improve this post?
- What is 4G? Why is it being introduced?
- Why might 4G affect my TV?
- How will I know if my TV is affected?
- I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
- Will 4G affect TV received through satellite or cable?
- Will TVs in caravans, campers and narrowboats be affected?
- Will I see interference on devices such as 4G handsets, radio, tablets and computers?
- Where can I find more information on which areas have 4G coverage?
- Is it true that millions of homes might be impacted?
- I live in London, will I be affected?
- How will at800 let me know if my Freeview may be affected?
- My neighbour has received a postcard and I have not. Why?
- What are filters and how are they fitted?
- Can I fit the filter myself?
- How can I get a filter?
- What if I have a set-top box?
- What if I have an indoor TV aerial; can I still attach a filter?
- What if I have more than one TV running Freeview?
- What if the filter doesn’t resolve the interference?
- Can I get more filters if needed?
- I am moving house, do I need to take my filter to my new home?