I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
You may be missing Freeview channels for a variety of reasons that are not related to 4G mobile signals.
For example, some TV services may move to new channel numbers, giving them a more prominent position in the Freeview TV guide. You may need to retune to ensure your list is up to date.
Most people can expect to receive more than 60 TV channels; some people around 20, depending on where they live. Your Freeview channel availability may vary depending on which transmitter serves your address. You can find out more about retuning and check which channels should be available at your address at the Digital UK website.
You may find that after you have retuned, you are still not able to find the channel you are looking for. As more channels are moved to Digital Video Broadcasting – Second Generation Terrestrial (DVB-T2) broadcast standard, you may find you are missing the full range of Freeview channels available at your location, including Al Jazeera and CBS Drama. Read more.
If you have retuned and can’t find the channels you should be able to view, please get in contact with Digital UK.
How can we improve this post?
- What is 4G? Why is it being introduced?
- Why might 4G affect my TV?
- How will I know if my TV is affected?
- I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
- Will 4G affect TV received through satellite or cable?
- Will TVs in caravans, campers and narrowboats be affected?
- Will I see interference on devices such as 4G handsets, radio, tablets and computers?
- Where can I find more information on which areas have 4G coverage?
- Is it true that millions of homes might be impacted?
- I live in London, will I be affected?
- How will at800 let me know if my Freeview may be affected?
- My neighbour has received a postcard and I have not. Why?
- What are filters and how are they fitted?
- Can I fit the filter myself?
- How can I get a filter?
- What if I have a set-top box?
- What if I have an indoor TV aerial; can I still attach a filter?
- What if I have more than one TV running Freeview?
- What if the filter doesn’t resolve the interference?
- Can I get more filters if needed?
- I am moving house, do I need to take my filter to my new home?