You are hereHome » FAQs » What if I have an aerial amplifier or booster?

What if I have an aerial amplifier or booster?

If you have a weak TV signal, or several TVs, you may have a TV splitter, amplifier or booster in your loft or on your roof.

In this case, a free at800 filter needs to be connected between the aerial and the amplifier. If you have a rooftop amplifier, a weather-proofed at800 filter will need to be installed.  If you are responsible for your own aerial and rely on Freeview to receive TV, we can arrange for a professional aerial installer to visit your home and fit a filter for you at our expense.

Please note, our in-home engineer support is only available for individual households that solely rely on Freeview through a domestic (rooftop or loft) aerial and have no access to cable and satellite services. We can provide phone and online support and advice, and free filters for all households. For viewers who have a set-top aerial, our remit extends to providing support remotely, i.e. sending filters and offering advice over the phone.

Total 181 Votes

How can we improve this post?

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?

Or select from one of the following categories;
Our online diagnostic tool will help you identify what might be causing disruption to your Freeview service.