What is DMSL?
Established in 2012, Digital Mobile Spectrum Limited (DMSL) is a joint venture of the UK mobile network operators EE, Telefónica (O2), Three and Vodafone.
Our vision is a disruption free digital life for people across the UK. DMSL helps make this a reality by connecting people to communications and media networks and removing barriers to access.
We specialise in transparently delivering complex programmes with multiple public and private stakeholders. Utilising our expertise in radio modelling, customer experience and TV coverage planning, we support our stakeholders in achieving their shared objectives through our TV interference mitigation, spectrum clearing and rural connectivity programmes.
DMSL was set-up to run the at800 support programme and has managed this work since 4G at 800 MHz services began operating in the summer of 2013. Our work on this programme is overseen by a board representing viewers, broadcasters, Ofcom and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport. This 4G/TV Co-existence Oversight Board monitors, advises and reports on our performance.
For more information, visit dmsluk.com
How can we improve this post?
- What is 4G? Why is it being introduced?
- Why might 4G affect my TV?
- How will I know if my TV is affected?
- I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
- Will 4G affect TV received through satellite or cable?
- Will TVs in caravans, campers and narrowboats be affected?
- Will I see interference on devices such as 4G handsets, radio, tablets and computers?
- Where can I find more information on which areas have 4G coverage?
- Is it true that millions of homes might be impacted?
- I live in London, will I be affected?
- How will at800 let me know if my Freeview may be affected?
- My neighbour has received a postcard and I have not. Why?
- What are filters and how are they fitted?
- Can I fit the filter myself?
- How can I get a filter?
- What if I have a set-top box?
- What if I have an indoor TV aerial; can I still attach a filter?
- What if I have more than one TV running Freeview?
- What if the filter doesn’t resolve the interference?
- Can I get more filters if needed?
- I am moving house, do I need to take my filter to my new home?