Who is at800?
at800 is an independent organisation created to ensure that viewers who rely on Freeview for TV can continue to receive it, or are offered a suitable alternative, when 4G mobile services at 800 MHz are activated in their area.
For households that do not have satellite or cable television, where 4G at 800 MHz is diagnosed as causing interference to Freeview, we will restore your television service to its previous quality within ten working days of you contacting us.
at800 has a total budget of £180 million paid for by mobile operators that won 4G licences at the 800 MHz frequency band (EE, Three, Telefónica UK (O2) and Vodafone). The operators’ contributions to at800 are separate from, and on top of, the sums they paid to win their operating licences.
To ensure we deliver a high quality service, we report to the 4G/TV Co-existence Oversight Board representing consumers, broadcasters, mobile operators and Ofcom. It monitors, advises and reports on our performance to the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
How can we improve this post?
- I am missing some Freeview channels. Is this caused by 4G?
- How will I know if my TV is affected?
- What should I do if I think my TV is being affected?
- What will happen next?
- How do I arrange for an at800 engineer to visit?
- Can I fit the filter myself rather than have an engineer visit?
- If my TV is affected, how quickly will you resolve the issue for me?
- Is it true that millions of homes might be impacted?
- I live in London, will I be affected?
- How will at800 let me know if my Freeview may be affected?
- My neighbour has received a postcard and I have not. Why?
- Will 4G affect TV received through satellite or cable?
- Will TVs in caravans, campers and narrowboats be affected?
- What are filters and how are they fitted?
- How can I get a filter?
- What if I have a set-top box?
- What if I have an indoor TV aerial; can I still attach a filter?
- What if I have more than one TV running Freeview?
- What if the filter doesn’t resolve the interference?
- Can I get more filters if needed?
- I am moving house, do I need to take my filter to my new home?