Support for viewers who may need a little extra help
We work with the voluntary and community sector to ensure those who may struggle with this issue receive support and advice from people they know and trust. This includes providing a chaperone to accompany a visit from an at800 engineer, if required.
- You are eligible for this additional support if you:
- are 75 years of age or over;
- are registered blind or partially sighted;
- receive any of the following benefits: personal independence payments (PIPs); attendance allowance; constant attendance allowance or War Pensioner’s Mobility Support.
How do I know I can trust the chaperone?
- You can check if the chaperone is from at800 by calling us.
- When our local support team calls to arrange the appointment, you can give them a password that only you and they will know. When the engineer arrives at your home, you can ask them for the password to confirm that they are who they say they are.