A. Our use of your personal information
We use the Personal Information We collect and process about you in the following ways:
- to maintain the passwords/user logins of registered users;
- to send you information which We feel may be of interest to you;
- to enable you to use any services that We may from time to time provide through this Site;
- to investigate and address your queries and questions including those you raise with our installers and our contact centre;
- for general research purposes, to allow Us to provide the UK general public with relevant information on Digital Terrestrial Television 4G disruption;
- for Site administration (including to enable Us to respond to any comments on the Site or feedback you may give Us).
We may also share your Personal Information with:
- the BBC and Digital UK in order to help them resolve any TV disruption issues;
- law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law; and
- regulators (e.g. Ofcom) for the purpose of general research and to allow Us and/or those regulators to provide the UK general public with relevant information on Digital Terrestrial Television 4G disruption.
We may also need to transfer Personal Information about you to other service providers in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside of the EEA.
B. The collection of personal information
Your Personal Information may be collected via the Site in two ways:
- and the entering of name, email addresses, mobile phone numbers.
- In addition, we may gather Personal Information:
- from the Post Office’s post code address finder tool in conjunction with the electoral roll;
- from the Personal Information you provide to our contact centre agents;
- and, where you have agreed to have a logging device installed in your home, from that logging device which gathers data about the strength of your TV signal and disruption.
When you visit this Site, your visit is logged by Our web server as is the case with most websites. This log information is statistically analysed by Our staff to show trends in the use of the Site, such as the popularity of particular pages. The logging may include any information entered in the Site search facility.
This log information does not identify you personally. It does not identify your email address. It may include the IP address and/or fully qualified domain name of the computer you use. You should be aware that this information might identify the company you work for (if you access the Site from your place of work), or your Internet Service Provider.
We may log clicks on the links to other websites, that are included in Our Site. This is to help Us determine the popularity of such links. Since this link-logging is included in Our web logs, it will record the identity of the computer making the request but does not identify you personally.
If you access Our Site by way of a hardware firewall, a proxy server or any other kind of router (such as a dial-up modem connection at your ISP) then it is the address of the router that will appear in Our logs and not the address of your computer.
We are registered (as Digital Mobile Spectrum Limited) as a data controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended).
E. Hyperlinks to other websites
This Site contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and We urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Information you submit whilst visiting these websites. DMSL does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
F. Your right to see your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information that DMSL holds on you and to have any errors in that information corrected. We will not charge for such requests. Please address your request to Web Feedback, 83 Baker Street, London, W1U 6AG. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete Personal Information about you on Our files.
G. Information security
We take appropriate technical and operational measures to protect the Personal Information we gather and process about you. If we have a contract with another organisation to provide services on our behalf, we’ll make sure that they also have appropriate security measures in place and only process your personal information in accordance with our instructions and not for any other purpose.
You should always bear in mind that there is no such thing as 100% information security. For example, communications over the internet such as email aren’t secure. Your emails may go through a number of countries before being delivered and we can’t accept responsibility for unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
This policy was last updated on 21 November 2013.